HI-TECH Fiesta Island Honor Time Trial "Race Bible” (Sat, April 28th thru Sun, May 6th)
This is the ninth in a series of ten fun races everyone can do. This race is simply one full lap of Fiesta Island with a flying start. We hope each of you takes the challenge during the above date range. As in all races, here is what we call the "Race Bible" which has all the regulations and directions you will need in order to do your race and report your results.
1. These are the only rules that apply and I, Steve, have the final say on all decisions.
2. *Racing Age:* Your racing age will be your age as of 12/31/2012.
3. *Who May Race: * You may race if you are a member in good standing of Cyclo-vets. You can ride if you renew your membership or join prior to the race date(s). No license of any kind is required, this is not really an official race series. If your family has a paid Family Membership, the family member(s) specified may participate, including your kids. So make a day of it, take your kids out and let them enter. It's only one short lap!!
4. *When is the Fiesta Island Honor TT?* You may race the course as many times as you like from Saturday, April 28th through Sunday, May 6th.
5. *Directions and Rules for the event:* This is not a wheel-to-wheel race, but a timed event. It will be a "flying start", meaning you ride through the start as fast as you care to and start your timer as you ride across the start line. The course is about 4.1 miles long and virtually flat.
The start/finish line can be anywhere you like, but we suggest the standard finish line for Fiesta Island Time Trials. It is located about 100 yards before you get to the “triangle” (entrance to and exit from the island.) There is a line on the ground on the right side of the road across from a gate which city trucks use to enter the interior of the island.
Absolutely no drafting of any kind.
6. *Reporting your results:* Submit them to Jason Stratton ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) no later than Monday, May 7th. Jason will confirm receiving your email. If he does not, he did not receive it. Jason will compile the results by 5-year age and gender groups and all racers’ times will posted on the C-V website within a few days of the submission deadline.
Sample submission format (in the body of an email with subject “Honor TT Result” ):
Name: Steve Schmidt
Racing Age: 52
Date of race: May 4th
Time: 6:25 (Take that, Tony Martin!)
7. *Scoring:* Best time in each 5-year age and gender group earns 50 points, 2nd place earns 45, etc. Every rider who finishes earns a minimum of 5 points (i.e., if you enter and finish you earn at least 5 points.)
*** The next intraclub race will be the final one of the 2011-12 series, a Crit at Huennekens on Saturday, June 2. Please note this is a revised date (was April 28th.) ***
Best of luck!